GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So confusing some GM parts sellers say discontinued others list availability of refurbished OEM replacement battery modules for the Volt. My GM employee discount is 20% so my price would be $5,700. This is really great news. That investment is worth it to keep a bricked volt that is in great otherwise condition going.

Product Font Software Screenshot Rectangle

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So confusing some GM parts sellers say discontinued others list availability of refurbished OEM replacement battery modules for the Volt. My GM employee discount is 20% so my price would be $5,700. This is really great news. That investment is worth it to keep a bricked volt that is in great otherwise condition going.

View attachment 175982

and the lowest price alternative I have seen

Product Font Naval architecture Screenshot Urban design

· Registered
77 Posts
Maybe I could get a job answering phones at the Chevy Dealer long enough to get the discount? It does sound like a good deal for GM employees... do we know what warranty the battery comes with? An 18 or 24 month would seem like a minimum for such a big item/purchase/commitment.

I think my install of my own salvage battery took my dealer a month to get around to, cost me $1200 and required two return visits to get them to (partially) remediate the air they left in the cooling system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts