GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is more for the early buyers - 2011/2012. See any wear on the touch panel? I can't tell for sure but my home button my be showing some wear. The only way I see to get to the playing now menu option is to first hit the home button.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My 2012 looks like new still. 62k miles. I'm amazed how well the entire car is holding up. I drive spiritedly, but don't thrash it and it doesn't even blink. The only wear I'm seeing is on the driver's door panel where the previous owner always rested his elbow, near the door lock plunger.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2012 looks like new still. 62k miles. I'm amazed how well the entire car is holding up. I drive spiritedly, but don't thrash it and it doesn't even blink. The only wear I'm seeing is on the driver's door panel where the previous owner always rested his elbow, near the door lock plunger.
Yes, I'm seeing a little bit of wear there as well. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You bring up a good point. I have an early '13 build (Aug '12) and I haven't noticed a lot of wear that is present on other cars of similar age/mileage. My stepdad's Sierra ('09) has has nearly all the decals worn off on his steering wheel controls so now they're mostly white. Although mine is just 3-4 years newer, mine are still just as they were when new and only about 40K miles separate the two vehicles, so usage is about similar as well.

As for my touch panel, it's still working and looking like new. I will admit that was a concern since there are so many functions that can't easily be accessed through the touch screen (heated seats or rear defroster for example). Glad that it's still working as intended.

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
My May 2011 shows no wear on the interior panels, whether door or dash. A few minor shoe scuffs on the door panel bottom black plastic is all there is. Some complain about the "plastic" interior. but I have found it to be very practical and durable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 2012 shows wear only on the side of the console on the passenger side. The dash seems to be covered in a very thin membrane, like I would expect a thick latex might look. The color underneath is the same as the membrane. It appears to be peeling where it has been rubbed. There is no sign of abrasion, we are the original owners. I'm just glad it isn't higher up and more in view, since it is the only real sign of wear anywhere in the interior after almost eight years of ownership.
My touch screen gets fingerprints marks, but these still wipe right off.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
2012 without 70K miles, center console cover has cracks, bought one out of a wreck sight unseen, not really the right color but I suspect its going in anyway :)

AZ is brutal on plastics, it is not leather and really should have been.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I don't see any wear on mine, but I rarely ever touch any of the buttons other than temp and fan speed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts