GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chevy website has the 17 Malibu LT with 20% off MSRP, even the hybrid is included. So is the 17 Volt next for the 20% off special. Last summer that is when we purchased our 2016 Volt Premier for over $11,000 off total from MSRP. The 20% off from Chevy and the dealer kicked in the balance off.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Chevy website has the 17 Malibu LT with 20% off MSRP, even the hybrid is included. So is the 17 Volt next for the 20% off special. Last summer that is when we purchased our 2016 Volt Premier for over $11,000 off total from MSRP. The 20% off from Chevy and the dealer kicked in the balance off.
Anybody's guess...I honestly thought that it would happen in 2016 for Thanksgiving or Christmas, yet here we are. I sure hope so for everyone trying to purchase one. Having said that, I just purchased a left over 2016.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
It goes month to month, last year it was July...I would take a Vegas bet the MY17 Volt will at least get 17% off again by the fall...

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking at maybe getting another Volt, my wife has our 2016 Volt, for myself to replace my 2010 Prius. The $7,500 tax credit sure comes in handy for us. If I can get a new 2017 Volt for $25,000 or so, with the Fed. Tax Credit that would bring the price down to $17,500, which is Civic and Corolla territory.....

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Hard to say. Car sales have slowed but it's likely to be a model by model, with models having a longer inventory period getting more incentives. Note that 20% off $34000 is $7000 and we've seen the Volt at $5500 off, so this wouldn't be a huge further cut. (IOW the 17% discount seems a safe bet).

I believe GM also gets more ZEV credits for the same car in MY17 than MY18, so likely more room for closeout specials at least in CARB states.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Hard to say. Car sales have slowed but it's likely to be a model by model, with models having a longer inventory period getting more incentives. Note that 20% off $34000 is $7000 and we've seen the Volt at $5500 off, so this wouldn't be a huge further cut. (IOW the 17% discount seems a safe bet).

I believe GM also gets more ZEV credits for the same car in MY17 than MY18, so likely more room for closeout specials at least in CARB states.
I emailed Jay Cole a couple of weeks ago asking about the 2018 ZEV rules...According to him, model year and sales do not matter, it's when the vehicle is produced which needs to be 12/31/17 or earlier to get 2017 credits...He also stated that CARB rules are different (not sure what they are)...

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
I emailed Jay Cole a couple of weeks ago asking about the 2018 ZEV rules...According to him, model year and sales do not matter, it's when the vehicle is produced which needs to be 12/31/17 or earlier to get 2017 credits...He also stated that CARB rules are different (not sure what they are)...
You get more ZEV credits AND the credits can travel meaning credits earned in CA can be applied in any other CARB state. After 2017 MY you get fewer credits per vehicle and the ZEV credits can only travel between groups of states. Didn't know the MY was the same as the calendar year but that makes sense.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I'm looking at maybe getting another Volt, my wife has our 2016 Volt, for myself to replace my 2010 Prius. The $7,500 tax credit sure comes in handy for us. If I can get a new 2017 Volt for $25,000 or so, with the Fed. Tax Credit that would bring the price down to $17,500, which is Civic and Corolla territory.....
This is really not going to be very difficult unless you wanted a completely loaded one. Getting an LT for this amount should be fairly easy as long as you are patient and look far and wide. Getting a premier for this amount will be possible too, but probably only once the 2018s are out. I basically just did this on a left over 2016 Premier.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Waiting to see how the following two things will affect the 2017 prices:
• Release of the 2018 Volt
• Shipments of the Tesla Model 3 start happening

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Waiting to see how the following two things will affect the 2017 prices:
• Release of the 2018 Volt
• Shipments of the Tesla Model 3 start happening
Last year it was 20% cash back Volts for July, purchases only, no leasing...Two months ago the Volt had $3000 off in bonus tags and a $3000 off non-luxury Asian lease conquest in addition to regular incentives, folks reportedly could lease ACC Premiers for $0 down and $235/mo in the CARB states...Don't think it'll get better than that for leasing...I'd take a Vegas bet at least a 17% off sale will happen again by late fall for purchases...

I also agree Tesla will have no bearing on the price...

Have you looked into the Farmers Bureau discount? $500 off for $40 through the state of CO...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts