GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 2014 Volt for 2 years and my experience has been excellent. 20,000 miles on 50 gallons of gas, coming up on my 2nd oil change, 2 recalls for hatch struts and emissions canister, and no unexpected dealer visits. I have added the Volt Screen, Volt Shelf and WeatherTech window visors. The Visors eliminated the wind buffeting completely. I am 71 years old and have started to think the Volt will be my last car. It does everything I need it to do and has exceeded my expectations in every way. If I am still around in 10 years I may, just may, consider upgrading to the newest model. Great job Chevrolet!!

·
Registered
926 Posts
2nd the pics!

Here's hoping you get to do a comparison review on your MY26 vs your MY14.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't know how to post pics but thanks for the MY26 comment. If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself!!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I have owned my 2014 Volt for 2 years and my experience has been excellent. 20,000 miles on 50 gallons of gas, coming up on my 2nd oil change, 2 recalls for hatch struts and emissions canister, and no unexpected dealer visits. I have added the Volt Screen, Volt Shelf and WeatherTech window visors. The Visors eliminated the wind buffeting completely. I am 71 years old and have started to think the Volt will be my last car. It does everything I need it to do and has exceeded my expectations in every way. If I am still around in 10 years I may, just may, consider upgrading to the newest model. Great job Chevrolet!!
Just curious, at 2 years and only 20k miles on 50 gallons of gas, you should only be coming up to your first oil change unless you did an extra one for fun.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dodman, we're running in synchronous parallel universe... almost - I leased my 2014 Volt in May 2014; have 25,000 miles using 90 gallons of gas. 3 trips to the dealer for scheduled maintenance and strut recall. Zero maintenance except for adding air to the tires.

My next big decision will be whether to buy it at lease end or get a Gen 2 or something else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts