GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen this mentioned anywhere and was wondering if it was normal. My horn seems to have two tones to it. When I press the horn initially I get one tone and if I hold the horn the sound becomes deeper. I have not found what causes the change in tone or how to control it. I have tried to hold in the horn but it doesn't always switch tones.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Don't know about a Gen 2, but if you have a Gen 1, it has two horns and one of them may be on it's way out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 tohe norn

Its a GEN 2 and I thought it might be related to the two horns in the GEN1 but as I understand it, the GEN1 had a button on the turn signal that you pushed to warn pedestrians.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have not seen this mentioned anywhere and was wondering if it was normal. My horn seems to have two tones to it. When I press the horn initially I get one tone and if I hold the horn the sound becomes deeper. I have not found what causes the change in tone or how to control it. I have tried to hold in the horn but it doesn't always switch tones.
I'm experiencing the same issue. Going to have to take it to a dealer to have it addressed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Its a GEN 2 and I thought it might be related to the two horns in the GEN1 but as I understand it, the GEN1 had a button on the turn signal that you pushed to warn pedestrians.
Gen1 manual pedestrian horn was changed in gen2 to be an automatically enabled sound below a certain speed that is only heard outside the car.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Like most GM cars, the Volts main horn is actually a two-note horn. One of the two might either need to be adjusted - some have a little screw on the side that can be tweaked, or replaced. (Gen 1 owners note that I am referring to the main horn - not the secondary pedestrian horn.) A fun mod would be to retrofit the extra two horns from an older full-size Buick or Cadillac that had the four-note horn option. Sounds like a freight train...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts