GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
100% agree. The word that first came to mind when I heard this was 'desperate'.

Chrysler and Dodge have the worst fuel mileage of anyone. They build and market agressive cars and trucks with big engines. Gas prices must be killing them. I'm more worried about their survival than even Ford.

When was the last time you saw a hemi ad? :)

·
3,689 Posts
Everybody grab your fire extinguishers and help put out the fire! I dislike these short term packages. Heck, I just like short-term thinking in general.

After hearing the candidates bickering over the stupid gas tax package and making it the center of their campaigns I have come to the conclusion that once again the government will not help us out of our oil addiction.

I wish one candidate would stand up and say something like, "I am not going to make this a focus of my campaign. This gas tax issue is simply a result of our past short-sightedness and I refuse to give it more attention than the short-term relief it will give."

I will vote for the first candidate that says something to that nature. I'm embarrassed because my fellow countrymen are drawn by this short-term relief. Get their fix and maybe there will be more in the future. It just goes to show you how deep our problems are.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't mind the gas tax package. I know it won't do any good. Heck, It may not have any effect at all in a short term. A lots of people says I wanted it "Now", not later. So this is why some Government created this gas tax packages for now. There are some government trying to get into other fuel cars for a longer term. Will it make it? who knows. I would not get piss off and I would not get all happy about the gas tax package. It just like a cheap Bonus from the company. You take it, but not all that impress.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The federal gas tax is a much smaller problem than most state gas taxes. I know of some states that have 50 cents or more as their state tax on gas. Now dropping that would save some money. I would save almost 10 bucks per fill-up if the state dropped the tax. All they have to to do recoup the revenue would be to built toll booths at the entrances and exits of the state on all the major interstates running through it.

As for Chrysler, I think this is a last ditch effort for a dying company. Pretty sad they let themselves get to this. I think the need Lee Iacocca back to shape things up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts