GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first ding or scratch is going to happen...but it still hurts. I'm on my commute home tonight and I see this UFO in air. It looked like a a piece of hard rubber about the size of horseshoe. At first I thought I was going to take a direct hit to the windshield, but it ended up hitting my front bumper and ricocheted off of the headlight lens. The scuff on my bumper came off with some wax, but it did distort the fiberglass on the bumper a bit. The scuff on the headlight lens won't come off.

Oh well, the road rash begins.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
The first ding or scratch is going to happen...but it still hurts. I'm on my commute home tonight and I see this UFO in air. It looked like a a piece of hard rubber about the size of horseshoe. At first I thought I was going to take a direct hit to the windshield, but it ended up hitting my front bumper and ricocheted off of the headlight lens. The scuff on my bumper came off with some wax, but it did distort the fiberglass on the bumper a bit. The scuff on the headlight lens won't come off.

Oh well, the road rash begins.
Yep. I took a small piece of sheet metal to the front edge of my hood a few weeks ago :(

·
Registered
948 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
The car in front of me lost its entire exhaust pipe which fortunately turned 90 degrees to the road and then hit my lower bumper before transitioning under both front and rear wheels. I have 3500 miles on the car. I was very lucky to only lose the front bumper which is currently on order.

Highway UFOs are common on Texas freeways with people losing everything from a box of roofing nails which hit my mother's car, to a 40' long 6" pipe which did $4,000 dollars damage to the left undercarriage of my car, to the top of a 55 gallon drum that went flying by my side window. Furniture is constantly all over the road as it exits from pick-up trucks moving their families.

ChuckJ

·
Registered
13,556 Posts

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Just be happy it's just a scuff. My dad had a tractor trailer tire blow up in front of him and the rubber put a hole right through his headlight.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I hear you. Something gave me a ding on my driver's side passenger door on the bottom right in the crease of the metal. Bringing it to the dealer to have their body guy see what he can do. It happens. Sucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts