GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
There they go again--bad old GM conservatively rating their electric cars, eliciting the inevitable cries of..... "I love my new ____"

·
Registered
385 Posts
2021 Chevy Jolt - 438 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4,860 Posts
Technically, the first Volt (2011-2012) had 35 miles of EPA rated electric range. ;) Sorry to ruin the fun! Hehe

·
4,860 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Most of us will NEVER see 238miles, I'm guessing 190 will be real-world.
I can't speak for "most" (and, IMHO, neither can you), but I routinely beat the EPA fuel economy on my Prius C by about 5 to 10% and I expect to beat the Bolt's EPA range by a similar amount in my typical driving. Yes, there are certain places I go where I don't expect to get that range, but on the whole I think that 238 miles (383 km) is going to be eminently achievable for me.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If I see the same pattern I've seen with the Volt- I will get 238 EV miles from the Bolt most times other than winter.

2014 Volt EPA EV miles = 38
My winter EV miles = 28
Summer EV miles = 44-50
Shoulder seasons = 38 EV miles

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Most of us will NEVER see 238miles, I'm guessing 190 will be real-world.
On a long trip the typical Volt to Bolt convert will see 250+ miles on a charge if he pushes it... but most people will get range anxiety if they push it past 200 miles without re-charging... and this is the only place your comment makes sense. If you stop and re-charge at 190 to 200 miles because you "only" have 50 miles range left, then I agree that most of us will never see 238 miles. If you were saying that the typical Volt to Bolt convert wouldn't be able to drive 250+ miles if he knows there is a fully capable DCFC charging station at the end of that 250+ miles I would have to disagree.

Journalists were able to meet or beat the 238 mile EPA rating. Journalists (as a whole) do not hypermile when testing a car, they don't sweat their butts off with the AC turned off, they also had several people in the Bolt plus equipment vs a typical commute with one person in the car... I would say that most people who actually drive a Bolt will see 40 miles.... and a nearly full battery at the end of that trip!

Keith

1 - 16 of 16 Posts