GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I live in Oklahoma and they have a Colt lt with leather and driver lvl 1 for 29k. And a good drive away I found a premier with lvl 1 and 2 for 29k as well. Are these good prices.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
So I live in Oklahoma and they have a Colt lt with leather and driver lvl 1 for 29k. And a good drive away I found a premier with lvl 1 and 2 for 29k as well. Are these good prices.
Colt LT = Volt LT

lvl 1 and 2 = Driver Confidence Package and Driver Confidence Package 2

Maybe, if the dealer has not already registered these vehicles, taken the $7500 federal tax credit that is currently available (once only, for each new qualifying vehicle.)

You could do a search on CarFax for these VINs, that would tell you if the vehicles had ever been registered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Autocorrect messed that up a bit. thanks. I searched the vin on carfax and it shows that it doesnt have enough information to show if it has or not, but I'm guessing it hasn't. I just wasn't sure if it is new and I can get the federal rebate (Would be great to have on this years taxes) if it was a good deal or not.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Autocorrect messed that up a bit. thanks. I searched the vin on carfax and it shows that it doesnt have enough information to show if it has or not, but I'm guessing it hasn't. I just wasn't sure if it is new and I can get the federal rebate (Would be great to have on this years taxes) if it was a good deal or not.
You did not state whether these were 2018 or 2019 model year Volts; for a 2019 this would be a very good deal. If you go to the GM site you will find all applicable current deals including employee pricing, also if you are a Costco Premium member you can earn a Costco card card of $500 for a 2018 vehicle or $700 for a 2019 vehicle when you purchase a qualifying Chevrolet vehicle. More here: https://www.costcoauto.com/promo/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both are 2018. The local one is an lt with an msrp is $36,245 (lt with comfort package,LT Driver Confidence Package and leather) for $28,919. The one farther away is a premier with an msrp of $39,435 with Driver Confidence Package 1 & 2 for $28,995. The local is the easier one to get by far, but I'm not sure what the differences truly are between the 2 besides the 2nd driver confidence package.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
GM is running insane promotions on 2018 now -- I'm seeing 10K off standard but often more. Even if not advertised, you can get it.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Both are 2018. The local one is an lt with an msrp is $36,245 (lt with comfort package,LT Driver Confidence Package and leather) for $28,919. The one farther away is a premier with an msrp of $39,435 with Driver Confidence Package 1 & 2 for $28,995. The local is the easier one to get by far, but I'm not sure what the differences truly are between the 2 besides the 2nd driver confidence package.
Personally I like the Premier for the leather seating surfaces (I understand that the 2018 LT that is located near you has leather), Premier also gets Bose audio with a sub woofer. DC1 and DC2 are nice but I would want one with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) as well. So if the Premier has the ACC then I would want that one over the LT. The local dealer should be able to contact the other dealer, arrange to have the Premier moved on a car carrier for a small fee.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did not see ACC on the premier I was looking at so I am guessing it does not have that. How much is that option normally?

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
I did not see ACC on the premier I was looking at so I am guessing it does not have that. How much is that option normally?
ACC won't show as a separate option. The Volt must be a Premier equipped with DC package and DC package 2, then Full Speed Forward Automatic Braking (FAB) (this feature includes ACC). On top of the cost of DC, DC2 I believe that FAB adds something like ~$595 to the price. Check the Chevrolet web site vehicle configurator.

If you can see a photo of the Premier (photo must be this exact vehicle/VIN), if the insert and lower part of the front grill is fake chrome finish then it does not have the ACC; to have ACC the insert and lower part of the front grill are an odd shade of beige.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
View attachment 156793

I cannot tell for sure. I see circles in the bottom grill, but not sure if that is on everything
Those circles are the front parking sensors. The lower center grille is what I was referring to as far as telling if the vehicle has ACC. From the photo you provided it looks promising.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts