GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm brand new to the Volt world, I picked up a 2013 former corporate lease vehicle w/20k miles in absolutely spotless condition. I've been browsing around a bit and I think I have to inject a bit of perspective into the whole Volt and EV and PEV situation. Folks y'all can argue the minor 1-2mpg differences or debate the merits of various drivetrains to your hearts content but you don't know PURE JOY until you go from an 18 year old Jeep sucking down 36 gallons A WEEK to a nearly pristine Volt with sufficient range to make it to work (where they have free charging so I'm also set for the drive back home).

Backup cameras, "infotainment", CRUSE CONTROL, power windows, power locks, and DECENT HEADLIGHTS.... I had NONE of these things!

I know some people debate "most efficient driving" and/or design elements where Chevy maybe didn't get it perfect...well let me offer to have you drive my Jeep for a week and then we'll talk <grin>.

Now don't mistake me. I still love my Jeep and it has it's purposes (pulling trailer, offroad for camping, severe bad weather) but as for my daily commute....I'm in a whole different world and couldn't be happier right now!

I still go out to the garage in the morning, get in the Volt and go.... WOW!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Welcome to the club. You just described the standard new owner experience. Three years later, I'm still saying WOW. I just don't understand why the Volt isn't the number one selling car in America. It would be if the general public understood it as well as we do.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
WOW, good to read a fresh outlook that many Volt owners have lost sight over. The Volt's secret is how good it drives. I owned a 2014 Stingray along side our 2013 Volt, in city driving I preferred the Volt hands down. Silent thrust is addicting and fun.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So I'm brand new to the Volt world, I picked up a 2013 former corporate lease vehicle w/20k miles in absolutely spotless condition. I've been browsing around a bit and I think I have to inject a bit of perspective into the whole Volt and EV and PEV situation. Folks y'all can argue the minor 1-2mpg differences or debate the merits of various drivetrains to your hearts content but you don't know PURE JOY until you go from an 18 year old Jeep sucking down 36 gallons A WEEK to a nearly pristine Volt with sufficient range to make it to work (where they have free charging so I'm also set for the drive back home).
Congratulations! How much did having the ability to charge at work factor into your decision?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Congratulations! How much did having the ability to charge at work factor into your decision?
The ability to charge at work was a big influence. I have a 38 mile commute and since I can charge up for both ways I'm burning only a microscopic amount of gas per week, usually due to the "engine running due to temperature" mode. The money I used to dump in the tank of the Jeep is actually my monthly car payment AND my insurance payment now so my expenses haven't changed, but I'm running a MUCH newer vehicle!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts