GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I leased my '17 back in April. I had a really difficult time finding a decent deal in my area. If I could have waited, I would have.

I was just looking today at the '17 prices around my area (within 150 miles of Philly) and they are finally moderating. I saw several LTs under $29K (before the tax credit). When you look at the fine print, those prices include every conceivable discount and credit and not everyone will qualify. Still, it looks like the corner on pricing in the Northeast has finally turned for Dealer-stocked Volts.

I want to mention and recommend a few people who helped me as a thanks, and perhaps if you are in the market, they may be able to help you.

While he is FAR from the Northeast, if you are thinking of buying a Volt and having it shipped to you, then I highly recommend giving Rick Alpern at Keyes Chevy in Van Nuys, CA a call. He is very knowledgeable, a true Volt fan, runs a dealership that stocks lots of Volts, and was willing to talk about the cars, the market, GM, Dealers and just about anything you may want to know about buying/leasing. (He said that leasing/shipping across State lines was more trouble than it was worth, so if you want to consider buying and having your Volt shipped, you should really speak with Rick).

I did not end-up getting my Volt from Chapman Chevy in Philly- but only because I waited too long while shopping around. They only had between 1 & 3 Volts in stock at any given time, but they had some of the best prices that I saw back in April, and still do. Ask for the General Sales Manager, Colleen Card. She was very responsive to e-mail requests for pricing and leasing specifics, and was great to kick things around with.

I ended-up going to Maryland to get my Volt- at Ourisman Rockmont Chevy in Rockville. They had a decent stock of Volts, and claim to be the largest Volt Dealer East of the Mississippi. I highly recommend my sales guy there, Anthony Belton. He had sold around a dozen Volts between January and April himself, was very knowledgeable and has taken GM training on their EVs (including the Bolt- he is the only person I know who has actually ridden in one and will be happy to tell you about it). Anthony and his Manager, Richard Cunningham, were straight shooters, willing to match or beat other prices, and they sell a lot of Volts as a result. They were easy to deal with, and the place is even open on Sundays (which allowed me to get there to pick-up the car without much hassle).

i am really pleased with my car- I wanted a Premier, but ultimately settled for an LT- but any way you go, you can't go wrong.

'Hope this helps anyone else who is in the Volt market in my area. Unfortunately, the majority of the Dealers I spoke with around here were really greedy- the folks mentioned above were the happy exceptions.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm in the York/Lancaster area and commute to Baltimore everyday, so I'm looking at the same extended network of dealers. I was planning to have a MY16 or 17 bought already, but the prices/incentives haven't quite done what I wanted yet. So I'm holding out a little longer. The prices down in MD certainly seem to have dropped a little now that everyone has a few available. I'm really aiming for a LT with just the comfort package for under $30k out the door. That may be doable currently, but I haven't reached out to a dealer to start talking turkey yet.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
I can confirm that Ourisman in Rockville (and Richard Cunningham) are straight shooters. I leased a Cruze from them a few months ago, and everything discussed over email was what went down in person.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I can confirm that Ourisman in Rockville (and Richard Cunningham) are straight shooters. I leased a Cruze from them a few months ago, and everything discussed over email was what went down in person.
Same with Criswell, located about 5 miles north of Ourisman, all went well there so be sure to check their stock.

And while watching the "2017 Waiting Room" thread and all these guys waiting for their ACC cars to bust loose, just a few days ago I checked stock at Ted Britt in Sterling VA and I think they had 19 of the 2017 Volts in stock and 16 of those were LT, so if you want an LT there are plenty out there as they've apparently been cranking those out while some type of production delay occurred on the Premiers with ACC (from what the waiting room thread shows) -- and the Ted Britt site shows really big discounts on the posted prices but that could be a bogus number that includes program for which not all would qualify, and I don't like their $650+ doc fee where it's only $300 in MD. But if someone wants to do some online shopping in this area for LT trim and find just the one he/she likes, there ya go... good luck.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same with Criswell, located about 5 miles north of Ourisman, all went well there so be sure to check their stock.
I did communicate with Criswell a couple of times too- they seemed good. They didn't reply to an e-mail request for a few days- perhaps they were busy and it got lost in the sauce. They even offered to deliver a Volt to me in PA, which was unusual. They had a good stock and seemed like a decent business to deal with.

Meanwhile, I communicated with Ouirsman via their web site, and then by e-mail, and finally a single phone call to seal the deal- it all went down in less than an hour. I sent them an offer I got from another dealer (VIN# included so they could verify the car). They beat the price and I got an LT with leather, Bose and lighted charge port for less than one in PA which had none of those things.

These two MD Dealers had more Volts in stock than more than a dozen NJ/PA Dealers that I approached- combined. (As CARB State dealers, the MD Dealers had lots of '16s too, but many of the best deals on those required MD residency so GM could keep compliance numbers up, I guess).

Anyway, if you are near MD, I would definitely recommend checking both Ourisman and Criswell.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Up here in the Lehigh Valley area there only seems to be one dealer who has Volts and thats Faulkner. Everyone else stocks maybe 1 or not at all.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
I'd toss Win Kelly in Clarksville, MD into the mix as well. They aren't as eager to provide exact details over email, but I did lease my Spark EV from them, and they beat the best quote Ourisman was offering when I showed up in person. Ourisman told me over email that I couldn't combine both the private offer and farm bureau rebate on a Spark EV, but Win Kelly applied them both no problem.

·
Registered
260 Posts

And while watching the "2017 Waiting Room" thread and all these guys waiting for their ACC cars to bust loose, just a few days ago I checked stock at Ted Britt in Sterling VA and I think they had 19 of the 2017 Volts in stock and 16 of those were LT, so if you want an LT there are plenty out there as they've apparently been cranking those out while some type of production delay occurred on the Premiers with ACC (from what the waiting room thread shows) -- and the Ted Britt site shows really big discounts on the posted prices but that could be a bogus number that includes program for which not all would qualify, and I don't like their $650+ doc fee where it's only $300 in MD. But if someone wants to do some online shopping in this area for LT trim and find just the one he/she likes, there ya go... good luck.
I got my Volt from Ted Britt in April and was happy with the way they did business. However, I did not go to them at the start and negotiate/haggle will a salesman. I used phone/email to let eight dealers bid on who was going to sell me the Volt, and Ted Britt came in at the lowest. Thanks to FightingChance.com for the tips on that - I highly recommend it!

I also just had to take my car in for warranty work at Ted Britt this week. Their service reps were good, in my opinion, and helped make the experience painless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts