GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NOTE: This bulletin ONLY applies to 2017 Bolts equipped with Side Active Safety Obstacle Detection Enhanced (RPO UKC)

NOTE: This condition may potentially be experienced after rear fascia removal/reinstallation or rear fascia replacement.

Condition/Concern- Some customers may comment when driving, the side mirror indicates there is a vehicle present when there actually is not

Root Cause- This condition may be due to missing aluminum butyl tape that is located on the bottom of both left and right object sensing alert module bracket. This tape is important to the performance of the module object sensing.

Corrective measures- Install specialized aluminum butyl tape patches on the bottom of the object sensing alert module brackets. Use PN# 42563361 (LH) and 42563362 (RH)

WOT

Attachments

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
NOTE: This condition may potentially be experienced after rear fascia removal/reinstallation or rear fascia replacement.

I don't understand how removing rear body pieces can cause this issue, but I just had the rear bumper replaced on my Bolt, and now I have the false blindspot alert condition. The system worked flawlessly till it hit the body shop. I guess I'll have to take it back into the dealer sometime soon. =/

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't understand how removing rear body pieces can cause this issue, but I just had the rear bumper replaced on my Bolt, and now I have the false blindspot alert condition. The system worked flawlessly till it hit the body shop. I guess I'll have to take it back into the dealer sometime soon. =/
It is my understanding the replacement rear fascia does not include the foil tape patches on the mounting brackets for the sensing modules.

WOT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts