GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
17" American racing wheels replace OE Chevy- recommended

These are a bit heavier (22 lbs.) but I was growing tired of the bowtie center caps on conservative OE 5 spoke polished wheels. Balanced and mounted on my original (3000 mile driven) Goodyear Assurance tires. Have not noticed any impact on range/mileage.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Chevrolet volt

Attachments

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
These are a bit heavier (22 lbs.) but I was getting sick of that bowtie center cap and conservative OE 5 spoke polished wheel. Balanced and mounted on my original (3000 mile driven) Goodyear Assurance tires. Have not noticed any impact on range/mileage.

Anybody want my mint OE polished (not chrome) take offs?

sorry about the shadows - will try and get some better pics tomorrow

View attachment 23961

View attachment 23969
I'm kinda looking for the wheels but casually. I just got a set of snow tires without rims for next year... Got a ballpark price in mind? PM me if you want.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The wheels look really nice, probably the best looking aftermarket I've seen on a Volt to date. I also like the brick pavers!
thanks, btown
it took a while to find a good alternative in 17", they definitely look bigger & more spirited than the OE wheels, with the black rim color and 7 thin spokes. oh and the pavers are a b*tch to keep weeds off- not a pesticide lover, so i've got to weedwhack the driveway every couple weeks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would like to get a polished set for my volt, I dont like the non-polished look that I currently have, PM a price on them, if darksteer_caddy doesn't want them :)

Thanks
Polished is probably what you already have, you might be thinking of chrome, which mine are not.
imho chrome seems too 2005, too common...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I'm kinda looking for the wheels but casually. I just got a set of snow tires without rims for next year... Got a ballpark price in mind? PM me if you want.
Would entertain any reasonable offer. May list on ebay in coming week(s). I do have all the proper packaging materials. Would not include the TPMS - believe they're less than $10 each at discount tire, etc.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have been eyeing those exact wheels for a couple weeks now. The pictures you posted pretty much just confirmed that those are going to be what I am getting. Glad to hear that there was no real hit on the range.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I have been eyeing those exact wheels for a couple weeks now. The pictures you posted pretty much just confirmed that those are going to be what I am getting. Glad to hear that there was no real hit on the range.
Great minds think alike! Added some more/better pics up on this thread today. I've found the tirerack.com "view on my vehicle" feature somewhat helpful, but very 2 dimensional. What color Volt do you have? Wheels seem to look real sharp on black, too.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I like yours better than the ones GM offers with that black center cap. I don't like GMs so will buy the polished alum. upgrade.

·
Administrator
21,228 Posts
The title can be edited by going choosing Advanced when editing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks for handling, Steverino
tried to edit via Advanced last night, but it did not change the title in the forum, only when the forum thread was clicked

·
Registered
472 Posts
Great minds think alike! Added some more/better pics up on this thread today. I've found the tirerack.com "view on my vehicle" feature somewhat helpful, but very 2 dimensional. What color Volt do you have? Wheels seem to look real sharp on black, too.
I actually am picking up my new volt tomorrow - It is black, so it will probably be a couple weeks before the wheels arrive and get installed. My intention is that they are eventually going to become winter wheels, as I have something a little different in mind for the summer - probably in the 19"-20" range - not everyones cup of tea, but I like the look. These will go on the Volt until at least next March though - I love the look.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats on the new Volt Nick D!
You trading in an older Volt, or is this the first?
Make sure to post some pics with your AR900 wheels when installed.
I wanted to try these 17's on before considering same wheels in 19" too- so far so good!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I am trading in a 2012 PriusC for the 2013 Volt. I have been a follower of this car since it was announced, I was one of the first 1000 in the unofficial wait list, but the affordability has been the hold up - with all the incentives right now I was out the door for $33,000 with the Tax Credit that brings me down to $25,500 ( I qualify for the full 7500 ). The Prius C is 1 year and 3 weeks old but cost me $23,500 - so for only $2k more I was able to get the volt, its also on a 0% interest loan, and the interest savings will offset the cost difference over the Prius! Great time to buy right now.

I will post picures once I get them installed, Also have Ceramic Tint, 100sqft MegaMat, HIDs, ordered and in the mail! Here is a picture of the 20" Summer wheels im looking at.

·
Administrator
21,228 Posts
Here is a picture of the 20" Summer wheels im looking at.
The car paint looks matte, like you are "dipping" the car too, :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts