GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Chevy Volt has recently tied for #1 at the VoltStats Hall of fame. My Volt is more efficient than any of the listed cars at the EPA for the combined lifetime MPGe rating, that's better than all the listed Tesla models and better than the Chevy Bolt. Here's what I got from real world driving:

Volt140MPGe by Joe Real, on Flickr

Volt70K by Joe Real, on Flickr

https://www.voltstats.net/Stats/Achievements
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 12.12.24 PM by Joe Real, on Flickr

Even this winter, I get 65 miles per charge, but of course our winters are mild at just about 28F for the lowest so far, and most of the time hover around mid 30's to upper 40's for the lows.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Congrats!

Our Volt, 'whiz Volt' just made it back to #9. We were at #8 for a while, but got bumped back to #10. We should make #8 again soon. Not sure we'll ever get to #7.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That’s amazing! Makes my measly 74 MPGe lifetime look terrible. I’ve only had the car since November though. Last driver put 41k of the 44k on the car. Perhaps they weren’t worried about extracting the full potential of their Volt. I am, so look out ;-)

2016 Volt Premier (Carbon-Offset on VoltStats)

·
Registered
514 Posts
That's kinda like buying a Ferrari V-12 and driving it for the rest of it's life with 6 spark plug wires removed!

Don

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm consistently baffled by how you get these scores, especially now that I know you're in just a slightly more mild climate than my own.

I'd be curious to see what kind of score you could achieve in a Bolt or a more objectively efficient EV. 160? 170?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm consistently baffled by how you get these scores, especially now that I know you're in just a slightly more mild climate than my own.

I'd be curious to see what kind of score you could achieve in a Bolt or a more objectively efficient EV. 160? 170?
I'm sure with my driving habits, I can push the Bolt to get 700 miles on a charge. Maybe get 170 MPGe too. It's more efficient than the Volt by design.

One thing that I have is favorable tail wind conditions too. Morning commute to work, there are a few routes to choose from so I always go to where the wind is at my back, and when I get back home, I have alternate routes and I choose the one with the most tail winds as the wind reverses direction. We usually have different wind directions morning and evening unless there's monsoonal movement.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s amazing! Makes my measly 74 MPGe lifetime look terrible. I’ve only had the car since November though. Last driver put 41k of the 44k on the car. Perhaps they weren’t worried about extracting the full potential of their Volt. I am, so look out ;-)

2016 Volt Premier (Carbon-Offset on VoltStats)
You'll be able to do it! I started out with 75 MPGe.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats!

Our Volt, 'whiz Volt' just made it back to #9. We were at #8 for a while, but got bumped back to #10. We should make #8 again soon. Not sure we'll ever get to #7.
Thanks!

Wow, I can see you have an active score going with the EV miles per tank of gas! You should be able to get there on the top. I may plan to buy the Model Y if it comes out, then my Volt would stop scoring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts