GM Volt Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Got my car back. I was surprised they finished it in 4 days. Kudos to Don Hewlett Chevrolet Buick in Georgetown TX for getting it done quickly, especially since the part was on backorder.

The tech was able to verify the concern by looking at the codes I gave him (disconnecting the battery cleared the codes, so they just had my record of the codes to go by), and looking at my pictures and video of the DIC. He also ran some diagnostics that told him two contactors were "quieter" during activation. TAC gave the approval to replace the drive motor battery wire junction block relay, part #23209396. While they were at it, they inspected all the connections to the battery and cleaned up the wiring (thought I don't know what this means, other than wiping them clean). All work was done under warranty.

So I'm back in my red Volt again. The Equinox was nice (new car smell), but nothing beats driving electric.

·
Registered
62 Posts
OK, then. My Beloved tried to go to the store this afternoon and got the

Initializing... Wait to shift
ugliness, with the car unable to start or shut off, and demanding power steering service. Hah! A bit of Googling on my end came up with much the same info detailed above.

While she took another of our vehicles instead, I clipped one of my battery charger/maintainers that can handle AGM batteries to the tiny upright threaded rod that handles the positive side, then the regular-sized negative ground knob under the hood, and set the thing to Start Engine, giving it a few minutes to do the magic. Car started normally (the hood was open, so the ICE fired up), I unhooked everything and drove the car around the block a couple of times before heading back home. Once in the garage again, I turned it off (no drama), immediately started it again (no drama), then waited a couple of hours.

And once again, I got

Initializing... Wait to shift

So I called my SA buddy at the Chevy dealer at almost 6pm, he said they have the AGM Volt battery in stock and they'll install it Monday in an hour while I wait (supposedly). I'll let you all know if that's the fix or not.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts