GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tested a few times by leaving my charge window up to see when my 'away' to 'home' location is triggered. When away I get 8A charge and when home I get 12A. So, my last test. Day 1-2 on my way home from work, 'Home' is triggered right at my spot. Day 3 Home was triggered maybe 10' early. Not bad. Day4. Home was triggered about 80' or so (my mailbox). Maintained 'Home' until I actually got home. Day 5. Home was triggered probably a good 120' from my home. When I actually arrived home, the 'home' button went to 'Away' and my charge was at 8A. Go to 'energy' and reset or reapply my home location. And something similar to this happens.
Great car,6 week owner 2017 volt. will bring up issue when I bring it in for first maintenance. I am aware of the issue and easy to get around. Wondering if anyone else sees this? Or if they do, is there a fix. If no fix, wanted to report a bug. Also, just curious if GPS is paired from phone (not GM then) or if it is on-star?

Thanks.

·
8,680 Posts
Welcome. I don't have any experience with this new second generation feature. The only answer I have from your questions is that I'm pretty sure it'll be the car's GPS location rather than anything from the phone.

·
Registered
788 Posts
It is supposed to reset to 8A after 90 days. I've had my 2017 for about 150 days. It gave me a warning when it reset itself to 8A. I just set it again that one time. Mine seems to be working as documented in the manual.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your cellphone is not involved in detecting your home location.

You could use your cellphone's GPS position to test if you're in an area of bad GPS coverage. (Any UFO sightings reported?) That's not likely to be your problem, but you could compare the position shown on the phone to your car's home position drift and see if there's a correlation or if the phone is consistent while the car changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts