GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to go ahead and make a new thread regarding the pickup of our Volt. We drove from Fort Worth,TX in a rental to Bastrop (SE of Austin,TX) on 3/18/11. We found out that morning our Volt was at the dealership due to the Chevy Connects website updating (not because our dealership called me or anything). So, arriving with just enough light to take a few pictures in a hurry was not the master plan.

First of all.. well worth the wait. And when I say wait, I mean this was the second Volt we spent a few months tracking. We needed the lease and the first dealership didn't tell us they weren't going to do leasing until after we tracked our Volt for a few months and then invoiced. Our Volt is white and while that is an extra $995, one would think it is the rarest color choice based on the last time I looked at the poll here. We like that part because even someday when we see another one in the wild, it most likely will not be white.

Per several member requests, I will attempt to post some pictures. At this time, I only have dealership pics. There are two quality control concerns on the outside and one on the inside. That being said, no codes, nothing that has to be addressed quickly, slowly, or for that matter ever.

We have 300+ miles in 3 days, so will not really go into stats on that because the goal was to get it back home (4 1/2 hours) and do some electric/gas running around. While it would be great to say I was still on dealership gas only after 6 months, that just wasn't going to happen once we decided to drive it home vs. flatbed it later. Also, had lots of fun at the gas station anouncing loudly 5.6 gal!! SUV driver who filled up with 27 gal and 92+ dollars had me beat he said upon hearing me.

Pictures.. First picture taken with Cari on left and sales lady departing stage right. Rear picture that doesn't reflect spot inside trunk near left tail light. NOT impressed with the seam on the left front as it appears pinched right before it gets to the tire. Rear pass side looks good. Front driver side looks good.

Paul (Cari's husband)

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This picture shows a small line absent paint inside the trunk just above the solid black area as well as my reflection in the tail light taking the picture. The two white marks at the top just under the spoiler are just light reflections I believe. So that issue along with the pass side front bumper seam are the two outside issues from what I can tell.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Can't see a darn thing wrong with the tail light. What am I missing?

I also bought from Covert. Amazing transaction with them! They called me about a white one (I'm in Houston, so you probably won't see mine on the road) that was spec'd out just like what I had ordered with another dealer (tan seats, dark trim, fully loaded), so I got mine quick. They gave me 2.5% financing and shipped it to Houston on a flatbed for free -- awesome service!

My sales rep, Zach, called me asap when it arrived at the dealership and immediately took pics and sent them to me of it still on the truck. So I guess parts of the experience just depend on which sales rep you use.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Voltage692,

My bad.. the tailight I guess is actually fine, but the spot is actually on the trunk part just above the solid black section.

As for not calling me.. I had many calls with the finance person, calls with one of the Coverts, and the sales lady shown. She had a doc appointment and left about 30 min before the car showed up. My issue is enough people there knew I was waiting, was going to need time to drive down, etc.. I get letting a few hours pass, but not like anyone called with 3+ hours gone the next day when everyone was there. It should not have taken 4 days from train unload to the dealership anyway, but that wasn't their fault. To their credit, they got on the detailing?PDI right away (that is what I was told anyway. They had it for 28 hours and put 6 miles on it if I go by the paperwork of 30 miles and there were 36 miles when I saw it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Would like to see the seam have the same amount of gap from top to bottom on the rear bumper, but atleast both sides match in the rear. Front of Volt looks good. The last picture is the pass seat all the way back. This is how it looked when I first saw it, so the lack of finish on the carpet stood out to me. Given I have long legs, we often will have the seat back far, so thought this could have been finished better. They had a demo Volt #1309 there with cool Volt side body decals that I checked out to compare and the carpet was the same. However, the bumper lines/seams where they meet the frame looked better than mine. While it is nice that white will not show dirt nearly as bad as dark gray for example, to me it shows any flaws in the seams/gaps easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
That's a perfect excuse to send it in for paint and update the look ;) Almost 95% in the poll approve of these changes! (Yes, I know it's a lease, but what the heck, do it anyway!)

P1060684 (Large).jpg

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a perfect excuse to send it in for paint and update the look ;) Almost 95% in the poll approve of these changes! (Yes, I know it's a lease, but what the heck, do it anyway!)

View attachment 1448
Hehe...easy there money bags... I will do well to get the tint job and keep the car in pretty condition. As much as I approve and like your paint/mods on the car, not able to handle/justify that cost. Heck, I really wanted a personalized license plate and haven't popped what the state wants for that yet. Texas is a bit too pricey and don't really offer a 3 year license plate option (1,5 or 10 year). Amazing how much sunlight makes it into the car given the small side windows. We always get tint and insurance on the tires on our new cars. We did get the OEM rubber cargo mat at the dealership (neg. a better price than we could get via other sources) as we knew we wanted that over any of the other items. Pondering the storage between the backseats, but if it attaches by velcro and no people will be in the back seat for more than an hour or less at a time, likely not worth that. It isn't likely to stop anything that would be too damaging flying forward that wouldn't be stopped by the seats anyway. Now if they made it in tan leather, it would be more tempting.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Pondering the storage between the backseats, but if it attaches by velcro and no people will be in the back seat for more than an hour or less at a time, likely not worth that.
Don't denigrate the Velcro. Dang thing seems like it'd stop a rhino on full charge! It's very secure, and'll pretty much keep anything in the cargo hatch IN the cargo hatch.

And the extra storage space in the pouch is a nice bonus.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I will say this, my Volt is black, and the one I drove during the tour was silver, and you can't really appreciate how sharp the black on the top and rear and around the side windows looks until you see it against the white like yours. That's a really good looking Volt.

Best of luck with it!
MC

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I can confirm that anything loose and small enough in the trunk will end up finding it's way to the back seat without that divider and/or the rubber mat. I found that out the hard way before I got my accessories.

The other nice part about the divider is that with the cargo cover installed, it takes away that feeling that you are sitting with the cargo since it's all divided off from the trunk.

The rubber mat does really help stop stuff from sliding around. It's a must have until someone comes out with more of a storage tray with compartments. A tray mat is better for holding spills.

I'm hoping someone comes out with a replacement for the divider that has a fold down arm rest. That would be a million times more useful than the current saddle bag.

Don't denigrate the Velcro. Dang thing seems like it'd stop a rhino on full charge! It's very secure, and'll pretty much keep anything in the cargo hatch IN the cargo hatch.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Not knocking your purchase choice. However, a rhino?? I know velcro is strong and I am a big fan of velcro, but I think the rubber mat is way more important and we were only going to do one extra at this time. The sales lady really found it funny that pretty much all the Volts they have sold wanted the same item.. the cargo mat. Hands down the winner at least there.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will say this, my Volt is black, and the one I drove during the tour was silver, and you can't really appreciate how sharp the black on the top and rear and around the side windows looks until you see it against the white like yours. That's a really good looking Volt.

Best of luck with it!
MC
Thank you for the kind words. I just don't think putting my wife in a dark silent car when she doesn't have the best vision to be a good idea. While the red is a bit much for me, white can be seen best any hour and really hides dust/dirt/etc.. better. LOVE the roof being black and while others have talked about painting that, I wouldn't even think about it. The only way in our minds that it could be better would be to change it to solar panels. We have had sunroofs in the past on cars and never use them. We don't get much sun and I wear sunglasses when there is any sun.

Paul (Cari's husband)

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Not knocking your purchase choice. However, a rhino??
I'm told I occasionally may be prone to hyperbole... And yes, I got the cargo mat as the first priority. The separator and windshield shade were lower priority. The cargo net is probably next, and floor mats aren't going to make the cut (it never rains in California :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts