GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving in Extended Mode (gas) when the following events happened:
I had just exited the highway and was about two miles from home,when the display read, PROPULSION POWER IS REDUCED, engine malfunction light came on, as well as the msg, "LOW" next to the fuel gauge. However, I still had 4 gallons of Mobil Premium in the tank. Next,the "ENGINE NOT AVAILABLE, SERVICE SOON" msg came on. Power was reduced, I was about 50 yards from home when it quit. I had a neighbor ask what was going on, i told him I was pushing it home, to save on fuel!
The car has been at the dealer for two days now, they tell me it's the "Valve Body" and "Solenoid", parts on order..
PS: My car has just under 5K miles on it...
Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Administrator
20,465 Posts
Maryland welcomes you, but Baltimore can be a tough gal! Two Volts with the same transmission issue, both in the Baltimore area. Coincidences do happen. But still...

There was a guy out west (David) whose car had similar, recurring symptoms, but these were finally tracked down to a loose high voltage connector. ttp://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?8000-Stranded-in-Volt...twice

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I'll let the dealer know...
Sorry Jsiro you had to experience my issue. The good news is that I'm over 8K miles now and the issue has not repeated. I don't know what the threshold is to spark a recall, but as I stated in my posts when this occurred that the mechanic stated that this was a known problem during his Volt training.

#126 delivered 12/18/10

3,605 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jsiro. I see you are already working with your VA on this. She will continue to follow up with the dealer and see to it that this concern is resolved and your Volt is back on the road as soon as possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks, the parts arrived today. I'm driving a rental and had to remember how to fill the tank :) Missing my Volt...
I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
" I had a neighbor ask what was going on, i told him I was pushing it home, to save on fuel! "

The above quote qualifies Jsiro for "Volt Owner of the Month"!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I picked up my car yesterday (10 days ). The dealer was very good about making sure they got this right. My V.A. Rebecca called me with updates and kept me in the loop, she was great.Thanks Rebecca...

The following is from the service invoice as to what the cause was and replaced parts:

Cause: Code 185AB - V0121, P0700 and P0751 (update installed per TAC )
Replaced: Valve Body, Transmission
Replaced: Control Module Assembly (Solenoid )
Replaced: Oxygen Sensor
Replaced: Radiator (leaking)

I'm off and running again.....

3,605 Posts
That's great that you're back on the road again with your Volt Jsiro! I will be sure to pass your thanks along to Rebecca!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts