GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the Volt for 12 days and drove 700 miles on one gallon. I only have a charger at home but the charger at work is finally going in. I made 48 EV mile range once. Is there a 50 mile EV club? Someone could get 80 miles if they had access to a mountain decent road that took the long way.... I also made a test drive video which I'll put on here soon....

MrEnergyCzar

·
Registered
882 Posts
Nice.....and when you get all the little tricks figured out you may hit 50 miles battery range on flat terrain without a lot of effort ! It's a great car, and after almost 10 months I still enjoy the car as much as I did on day one !

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I've had the Volt for 12 days and drove 700 miles on one gallon. I only have a charger at home but the charger at work is finally going in. I made 48 EV mile range once. Is there a 50 mile EV club? Someone could get 80 miles if they had access to a mountain decent road that took the long way.... I also made a test drive video which I'll put on here soon....

MrEnergyCzar
Congrats.. I think there is 50+ club thread somewhere. I got 75miles on my I75 "cycle" (details in thread in my signature). and if I was willing do drive more in the right lane (or a side road) I could probably get 80 or more. Might try it again, though now that skiseason is almost ready to start we may not take the volt for the next mountain trip. (The parking lot at A-Basin would just eat the bottom of the car. Potholes 8" deep all over the place).

·
Registered
357 Posts
I've had over 50 miles EV range several times and I'm averaging over 44 MPG in CS mode. Is there a 50-44 club too?

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
I don't know how you guys get 50 miles. I don't think I could do that. Would be fun to ride along and see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts