And while your having this work done by a professional, it's the perfect time to step up your EV Game and have a 30 A - 240V outlet installed. This will future proof your house and add value to it.- An EVSE needs it's own dedicated 20-amp (minimum) circuit.
So a couple things need to happen:
1. Hire an electrician.
2. Electrician to assess the work needed.
3. Work to include a dedicated circuit for the EVSE.
4. Work to include a circuit for the garage door opener.
5. Work to include a circuit or circuits for general use.
6. Lighting assessment for safety and adequate lumens.
7. All work complies with local permitting and standards.
8. Home owner work is limited to writing the check.<<<< Ha Ha, Funny, but very true !
This will not be your last EV, trust me !!!!