GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

These used rides offer go-fast fun at extremely affordable prices.

This is one of the modern compact car scene’s biggest performance surprises. The Chevrolet Cobalt SS offers up no less than 205 horsepower from a supercharged 2-litre engine, which was later replaced by a turbocharged unit that bumped power up to 260 ponies. The result was a proper little rocket: Cobalt SS goes like the wind, handles beautifully, and is track-day ready, right out of the box. Best of all, if the driveline isn’t modified, these look solid where reliability is concerned, and resale values haven’t been kind to them—so you can pick one up for under $7,000.
Read more about the 10 Deceivingly Fast Cars Under $20,000.

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
Complains about an invalid URL, so I'm on pins and needles about what the other 9 cars are. Did the volt make the list? I'm off to duck duck go to see if I can find the original article.

Edit: found it. I'm a huge fan of the Cyclone/Typhoon, Volvo racing wagon, and the Buick Grand National. I wouldn't touch the rest of this fleet with a 10 foot pole.

·
Registered
878 Posts
re: autoguide.com.

FYI, Autoguide is not JUST a sponsor. Dr. Lyle sold gm-volt.com to Autoguide when he decided he could no longer manage it. They OWN gm-volt.com and employ Jeff Cobb to manage the site (and other autoguide.com-owned forums). They, and Jeff, have done a great job at maintaining the unique "flavor" and revolutionary-style atmosphere of Dr. Lyle's little-volt-site-that-could. I for one, am grateful for their efforts and bear no malice for their occasional self-promotion.

autoguide's forums

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
And everyone of these "used performance" cars have been riden hard and put away wet. No thanks.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Meh, the word "Deceivingly" doesn't resonate well against the list...Volvo wagon sure, Cobalt SS and Neon SRT-4 have huge wings...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts