1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Are these cars supposed to be used for getting manicures? No comment. ROFL

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Well, by sitting they are saving energy. And a cop should have a professional appearance.

Local PDs drive Expeditions or Chargers. The Conservation Officers get heavy duty diesel trucks, cool.

·
Administrator
20,437 Posts
I guess I am happy(?) that these were BMW's and not Volts due to the negative report. But a Volt would have addressed the range anxiety. As would a Bolt.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I guess I am happy(?) that these were BMW's and not Volts due to the negative report. But a Volt would have addressed the range anxiety. As would a Bolt.
Agreed, they obviously leased the wrong vehicles. The Bolt was not around back when this deal happened, but the Volt was and it would have served their purposes much better.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Follow the money. Who approved the purchase of these vehicles?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Looks like a $10 million boneheaded decision. Guess there are going to be a bunch of end of lease i3 bargains out there.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This reminds me of Beverly Hills Cop. Axel Foley: "Rosewood, this is the nicest police station I've ever seen."

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Back room deal. No way could that have been the low bid for 300 short range electric car leases in California.

·
Registered
335 Posts
i3 and i8 are such POS's when compared to Tesla / Bolt.
When I first read the news of LAPD acquiring i3s that smelled wrong.
Hopefully lessons are learned and no more i3 will be purchased from my tax money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts