GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my mileage review of the first 10,000 miles driven. I'm sure the energy display towards the end of the video will confuse people out in the Youtube world but you guys here will know why the KWH and gas numbers look too good to be true....

http://youtu.be/mDdwyUTi0rU

MrEnergyCzar

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Nicely done! I like your open too.

·
8,680 Posts
Nice video. You laid out your points well, and stayed focused. "confirm what you're saying" is maybe a little awkward - it makes it sound like you think the audience thinks you're lying... But overall I liked it. (and as the other gentleman said, the intro animation was neat.) :)

Not quite sure what to make of the current charge screen towards the end - 112 miles on 15.5 kWh? So clearly there's a partial charge or two involved, but that's still remarkable efficiency - something like 70 miles on a single charge. OTOH, the gas usage is under 30 mpg. I'd think you were gaming mountain mode, but there isn't enough gas use for it to make a practical differences, so I'm thinking it is two or three cold starts?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice video. You laid out your points well, and stayed focused. "confirm what you're saying" is maybe a little awkward - it makes it sound like you think the audience thinks you're lying... But overall I liked it. (and as the other gentleman said, the intro animation was neat.) :)

Not quite sure what to make of the current charge screen towards the end - 112 miles on 15.5 kWh? So clearly there's a partial charge or two involved, but that's still remarkable efficiency - something like 70 miles on a single charge. OTOH, the gas usage is under 30 mpg. I'd think you were gaming mountain mode, but there isn't enough gas use for it to make a practical differences, so I'm thinking it is two or three cold starts?
There are tons of Volt haters on Youtube who will not believe the mileage so it will be interesting to see the comments in the coming weeks since I purposely confirmed the mileage....Yeah, I drove off before it was fully charged. When in MM the extra miles from the ICE running goes towards or gets counted as EV miles. I run it briefly too..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts