GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am in the market for an ELR.

Are the differences between the 2014 and 2016 ELR currently worth the price difference?

I understand the improvements i.e, suspension,power managements, haptic controls etc...

But my question is, what would be the better value on purchase of either?

Would I regret buying the 2014 wishing I bought the 2016?

Thoughts of owners please.

Attachments

·
1,027 Posts
They are practically the same. Options the only differences is if one has ACC and the other does not, and on the 2016, the performance package, slightly more power and larger tires.

the big difference between the 2014 and 2016 is that the 2016 still has 2 more years of B2B warranty. the 2014 might have a cpo warranty and maybe a sliver of b2b left if delivery was late although I think most 2014 were forced into "service" and should have expired now.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
No. The 2016 can have the Performance Pack, and will strip the paint off the 2014. I think even the base 2016 is faster.
And the 2016 has the larger 2015 Volt battery.

The Dream ELR is the Perf Pack, Adaptive 2016. Perhaps the most stylish car of the 21st Century, and packs a much bigger wollop.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
2016 was much better in performance, but you have to consider it you really need it or not. I don't. I'm not dong track runs on the weekends...

ACC, however, is a must have for me so I'd pay more to get ACC.

My $0.02.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. The 2016 can have the Performance Pack, and will strip the paint off the 2014. I think even the base 2016 is faster.
And the 2016 has the larger 2015 Volt battery.

The Dream ELR is the Perf Pack, Adaptive 2016. Perhaps the most stylish car of the 21st Century, and packs a much bigger wollop.

I’ve been scouring auto trader ads for the ELR… I can afford both that’s not the issue and I’ve noticed that the performance package doesn’t really sell for that much more than the standard 2016 ELR… So should I concentrate on getting the performance package? Or would I be happy with just the standard?

Also, between the 2014 and 16, is warranty coverage really that critical in making a decision? My brother has identical drivetrain with the Volt, and he’s been very happy with his 2012 without problems?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I’ve been scouring auto trader ads for the ELR… I can afford both that’s not the issue and I’ve noticed that the performance package doesn’t really sell for that much more than the standard 2016 ELR… So should I concentrate on getting the performance package? Or would I be happy with just the standard?

Also, between the 2014 and 16, is warranty coverage really that critical in making a decision? My brother has identical drivetrain with the Volt, and he’s been very happy with his 2012 without problems?
I have the perf. package and love it.I would say,drive both and then make your choice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the perf. package and love it.I would say,drive both and then make your choice.
The ELR purchase I would make would be the first one without having to test drive.

None of them exist in the Portland Oregon area. I’m hoping this forum thread will help me make my decision.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The ELR purchase I would make would be the first one without having to test drive.

None of them exist in the Portland Oregon area. I’m hoping this forum thread will help me make my decision.
I'm really biased,,but I love the way it handles and its really nimble in traffic.the extra kw's really make it scoot.I've run mine pretty hard.I like the way it corners in sport mode.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I must be 1 of very few who could care less about ACC.If I had it,,I know I would be distracted from looking ahead.:p

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
That’s two of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was of the same belief until I actually started using it. It maintains a longer following distance than most drivers do, so it makes for a more relaxing drive. It doesn't assist you in taking your eyes off the road. You still must steer. It keeps you from tailgating and stressing. It's a safety feature.

·
1,027 Posts
The ELR ACC is ancient, even the 2016. I can't see any way that something as great as supercruise could have developed from it.

Even the newer volt acc isn't that great compared to what you get on virtually ANY non GM car, they all seem better.

To me the performance package isn't worth the 10k price bump.

The only other change I can think of on the 2016 will have the newer cue system and carplay and Andoid auto. It will also have the facelifted grill and the new bigger badge.

maybe all of them added together is? depends on what you want.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Well, the 'most fashionable' ACC has run into a large number of stopped cars and fixed objects, some as large as fire engines, so I'm going to say that GM's system isn't that bad.

How many objects have you hit with GM ACC? Or even had to take over? I'm at zero and counting with 3 cars.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
congrats,,your gonna love it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This is hilarious. Neither year's model will "strip the paint" off anything. Save the ten grand. You'll still get a great electric car.

·
Registered
2013 Diamond White
380 Posts
Nice looking car. Good for you.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
This is hilarious. Neither year's model will "strip the paint" off anything. Save the ten grand. You'll still get a great electric car.
where in MA are you?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts