GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One year ago today I drove my 2016 off the lot, after having test driven it twice, and the dealership allowing me to take it home and charge it for a night.

16,481 miles-

10,926 electric and 5,555 on gas.

I still look forward to each and every drive I take in this car. I've never been so stoked about a car, let alone a year after buying it.

Issues I've had:
  1. Bad right wheel strut mount bearing- replaced under warranty
  2. Active Grill Shutter error code- Dealer cleared the code, never appeared again
  3. Cracked windshield. Got an OEM replacement under warranty. Never had to involve the insurance company

Today I am taking the car in to have the “Propulsion Power is Reduced” DTC P0A7F PIC6203 Customer Satisfaction Campaign #16055 taken care of.

Best,
Rick

·
Registered
84 Posts
Almost exactly one year and about 14k miles for me ... drive train has been flawless ....experienced the chuggle early on and was zapped by the recall update. The only problem I've had is that the USB ports went dead on me ... getting that fixed this week (and I don't miss it that much). The ride quality and quiet interior on this car are awesome !

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
For you Gen 2 Volt owners who are approaching your first year anniversary and are still driving on the original tank of gas, be sure the read the owner’s manual section on the Fuel Maintenance Mode (FMM), so you aren’t surprised when that day arrives when the FMM message flashes on the display, the ICE is running, and you can’t seem to switch it off to use the battery.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm four days away from my one year anniversary with a total of 10,500 miles (9000 EV, 1500 gas). I've had no issues requiring a trip to the dealer for repairs or adjustments and I comb this forum like everyone else to stay aware of any common issues. So far, this has been a great car ownership experience and I look forward to driving this car each day. The Gen 2 has few, if any, vices.

The only bothersome issue I've had since day one was "creaky" door panels that groaned and creaked whenever they were pressed against (such as when pushing the door open or leaning your elbow on the window sill). The noise occurred in any temperature, hot or cold. The noise was clearly metal-on-plastic and was a problem with all four doors. Not wanting to hand my car over to the dealer to tear apart the doors, I removed a door panel myself to investigate and found the culprit to be the five or so metal clips that attach the door panel to the metal door frame along the length of the window molding. These clips are retained in slots on the plastic door panel and the creaking/groaning noise occurs whenever these two surfaces rub against each other (pretty much any time the door is operated). The easy solution was to spray a shot of white lithium grease to lubricate the area where the metal clips rub against the plastic of the door panel. I did this to all four doors and the noise was completely eliminated. Bliss! However, the door panel removal and installation, especially the rear doors, was more difficult than it should be on any car (I've done this before) mainly due to the near-interference fit of the door panel and trim pieces. I haven't read any posts where people have complained about the creaking door panel problem but it's hard to imagine that the same problem doesn't exist on other vehicles. I may post my repair instructions over the holiday for anyone interested.

To date, there are only two outstanding recalls listed for my VIN: 1) Missing tire inflator kit (not missing in my car), and 2) Volt reduced propulsion power. I plan to schedule the first dealer visit in the next couple weeks. Oil life is currently at 51% so I'm not sure if that will qualify for the first covered oil change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts