GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 year 11,948 miles, 11,636 Electric miles 97.4% Electric 1,346.97 MPG #43 on voltstats.net. 4.3 gallons of gas actually used until hit with the FMM. Total gas used now is 8.87 gallons. I chose to burn off the gas until the low fuel light came on and added $6 of premium gas to stop the FMM. I had one flat tire (I carry a spare doughnut tire) on the way to work the day before I had a dealer appointment to rotate the tire at 7,500 miles, but I work near a Pep Boys and had them fix the flat and rotate the tires. Pep Boyz did not charge me, since I has hazard insurance on my previous car. OK, I'll take a free service from their mistake. Overall only the $6 spent on gas beside the electricity used, which I did not calculate, since my level 2 charger is not on a separate meter.
I find it humorous that I try to avoid using gas as best I can. I love my Volt and my only 2 wishes for the GEN 2 volt are 50 mile EPA range and at minimum 6.6 KWh charging capability. Many times I could have used a public charger, but it is cheaper to use gas at the $2 per hour charging rate, when the Volt only charges at 3.3 KWh. This kind of defeats the purpose of using the available public charging stations. GM please step up to the plate and deliver the charging rate that EV drivers expect and will make us happy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's awesome. I think a 50 mile rated EV range would be nice but I'd much prefer a 6.6 kWh charge rate if given the choice.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Awesome and congrats. You are proof just how awesome the Volt really is.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Your gas purchased almost exactly matches mine for year 2. I burned off my entire tank on FMM #2 at 1.5 years. I had a 1/2 tank and filled it up at end of 1 year. This bought me 6 months, so not wanting to do it again I burned off the entire tank. I added exactly 1.2 gallons which was needed to stop the FMM. I ended up spending $5.12. I forgot to use my Giant Gas Reward. I could have saved a whole $.20 per gallon for a total of $.24!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
This reminds me of when we used to listen to Ken & Bob's news show on KABC years ago. They would occasionally play a tape clip of a guy yelling:

"Down with the OPECers!"

You are making it happen. Congratulations.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Incredible! I've definitely used more gas but I've made a few extended trips as well, and that's what I love about this car. My daily commute is almost always electric but it's great to have the engine as a backup for the longer trips. I still say this car is 2nd to none!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts